Interested in spending your summer holiday with the Pope? Join our pilgrimage to Krakow, Poland for World Youth Day next July 23 – August 2. Places are still available! Anyone (age 16-30) interested in attending the World Youth Day in Poland can contact Emily Toole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to traveling with you to the largest gathering in the Catholic Church!
The early Easter, March 27, means an early Ash Wednesday, Feb 10. Ashes will be distributed at all Masses on Ash Wednesday: 10:00, 12:45, and 18:30. During Lent, let’s reflect on this Holy Year of Mercy, which reminds us there is no reason why God should ever stop loving.
On Feb 19 (Fri. lunchtime), our Parish will help out at the Soup Kitchen. Volunteers are needed. Cash donations are also appreciated, and can be sent through the Parish Office. Thank you very much for your generosity! For further information, kindly contact Sr. Merlyn at email@example.com.
The first of a series of Lenten Reflections will begin on Feb 9 (Tue). The sessions will deepen the challenges presented to us in Pope Francis’ encyclical “Laudato Si”. Each Tuesday during Lent, two session times will be available: either at 12:00, or 19:00 in the Parish House. Course materials will be provided. Meals are not provided but those attending are free to bring their own sandwiches. Advance registration is not required. For further information, kindly contact Sharon Markert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next Marriage Preparation Programme will take place on Friday evening, May 27 and Saturday, May 28, in the Parish House. This is the only course in English in the Geneva area, and completing a marriage preparation course is now a requirement for getting married in the Catholic Church. Those who are planning to get married within the next 12 months can register through here, or call the Parish Office.
Masses in English Please note that on occasions and at short notice, changes may occur to our above schedule. Please consult the current bulletin for the latest information.
18:30 English Vigil
8:30 Except for the months of July and August
Notre Dame Basilica
Masses in English
Please note that on occasions and at short notice, changes may occur to our above schedule. Please consult the current bulletin for the latest information.
At St. John XXIII Parish, a number of Masses and other services are celebrated such as:
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament takes place in the Parish Chapel at Montbrillant every Friday from 18:00 to 19:00 except for the first Friday of every month when it takes place at 13:15.
- Marriage: All couples planning to marry should register with us by calling the Parish Office. (Six months notice is the usual requirement.).
- Funeral Services (Please contact the Parish Priest directly).
- Baptism Services every 4th Saturday of the month at 12 noon except during the Christmas and Easter Seasons (Contact the Parish Office for more information).
- The Sacrament of reconciliation (Confession) is available before and after each weekday Mass upon request or by prior arrangement. It will also be offered in the Chapel every Saturday from 17:15-18:00
What would we do if Jesus called us to go and preach the word of the gospel? Would we answer His call? Would we run away feeling unworthy of such a calling? Would we fall down on our knees wondering how Jesus could place such trust in us with all our imperfections? There must be so many people more worthy than us of such a call, right? Wrong!